Quilted Coasters for Fall

In preparation for a dinner party at my house, I whipped up five fall coasters to accompany the coffee table (where after dinner drinks would most likely be placed). This quick project is so easy and the full tutorial can be found at Sew We Quilt.


I used a paper square to place over chosen graphics on the scarecrow fabric. I chose some scarecrows and pumpkins. I pinned the paper to the fabric and cut around. Those became my center pieces.


I like this project because the quilted coasters are turned inside-out and then quilted, as opposed to quilting and then having to put on binding.  For next time, when I am sewing the pieces together (before turning inside out) the opening left open will be on the longest strip's side (the 1.5 x 4.5 side). When I was turning the coasters inside out, before quilting and sewing up open edge, because I left a seam side open, the seams broke open a bit. I'll do that part differently next time.


This is so easy, I'll probably make a Christmas batch of coasters and some for spring. Also, this is a really quick and nice housewarming gift.

5 comments:

  1. I like this way of making coasters rather than binding. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome way to make your own seasonal coasters! And much easier than adding binding!

    I'd love if it you'd stop by and link up to our Harvest Party going on through Thanksgiving. Anything Fall- or Thanksigivng- themed is welcome!

    http://lifeinthemotherhood.blogspot.com/2011/11/harvest-party-link-up.html

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these! That turned out beautifully.

    Love for you to join my Linky Party - JAQS "Made by ME" at http://www.jaqsstudio.com/2011/11/made-by-me-6-linky-party-and-features.html

    ReplyDelete